the last spot

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No pirates so far.

On Friday, after failing to get national Insurance Numbers, we spent most of the day in the Tate Modern, a MASSIVE modern art gallery in the center of London. Suffering from Jet Lag, and in my case, a head-cold / flu, we escaped London on Saturday, heading for penguin's, Cornwall.

Penzance is located on the very southern tip of the English south coast, the "Boot of England" if you will. My Grandparents on my Dad's side have a house near the sea front here, and they are always very welcoming to visitors and parasites like myself. To add to the list of strange things that have occurred so far this Journey*, the train arrived on time after it's five hour journey from London.

The day after we arrived, my grandparents drove us all over to St. Ives, a small town on the north coast of "Das Boot". Ninety percent of the buildings, and the entire town as a whole is "really cute", according to Shan. A lot of the houses were built before Canada was even founded. In between admiring the town, and the Ocean views, I was able to locate a Chicken and Mushroom Pie. Mission successfully.

As of today (Tuesday) I've mostly fought off the Jett Lag, but the tail end of the Flu is still curtailing any "true adventures". Or in other words, I have not felt well enough to go to the Pub yet so far.

beeeer....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home