the last spot

Monday, March 12, 2007

Film making on a budget

Well the impromptu winter blog hiatus has ended. I apologize to all those who had developed what I will politely refer to as a "dependency".

I wish I had really good story to start back up with, but I have not been keeping notes lately, and my mind has never been up to the task of remembering things. A task that a simple pencil and a piece of paper seems to have no trouble with. I'm going to try to remember some of the stuff that goes on at work, as it tends to be hilarious. Just last week I was asked to be on a panel to judge student film proposals. As part of his budget requirements, one student listed £10 for Drugs (under the props category).

I'm also in the process of deploying some new computers. The media department isallowedd to replace one third of it's computer hardware every year. This means that the students never have to use anything that's over three years old. Lucky bastard's.

Weekend wise on Saturday Shannon and I and our fellow Canadians visited the Science Museum in South Kensington. The Flight Collection has the original harrier Jump-Jet proto-type! On Sunday Shan and I went to Hyde Park as it has been really sunny outside. We emerged from the Underground right into the middle of a Muslim religious march, which was heading straight up Park Lane. One of the little kids on the march got so excited he ran straight into a police officers’ legs and bounced off.

4 Comments:

  • The 15th day of the 3rd mth 2,007th year since.... Breakfast cereal.
    Are we ready?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2007 9:10 AM  

  • Loved reading your blog. Glad that you and Shannon are getting out and about in the sunshine and checking out the London scene. Cori moves to London on April 14th and is looking forward to seeing you and Shannon--and of course her husband Hans. I visited Laurie and Ada today and Laurie and I visited with John and Maggie and Rachael. Rachael did well in her basketball tournament and enjoyed the party--piano lessons are good too!
    Give me a call sometime--I left a message on your cell phone. Col, Laurie, Mary and I attended a Camosun daycare fundraiser yesterday and the snacks and drinks were awesome and Laurie won a whale watching certificate. We changed our clocks on Sunday morning. Did you? I'm having a break from the dreaded chemo and I'm feeling okay. I love getting out in the sunshine.
    Love Mom
    PS The cats are purring loudly nearby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 13, 2007 9:12 AM  

  • Rory, this is right up your aisle...dad

    http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Supermarket_20Pirates#1173746617

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 14, 2007 5:33 AM  

  • I can't imagine Shannon at a science museum, did you kidnap her Rory?!! Great to hear from you again. Val

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 16, 2007 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home