the last spot

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Funny Title

We arrived in Scotland's capital at around lunch time and were promptely ambushed by a survey taker for the British Airport Authority, inquiring as opinion of the airport. After rating our joy on a scale from 1 to 10 (about an 8), we headed for a hostel at breakneak speed before anyone tried to sell us any kilts, or tartan socks.

I tried to convince Shannon that Scotland's national currency was the sporren, but she has learned to ignore any facts that I seem to certin of. I can't imagen how one would make change for a sporren anyway.

The basic plan now is to look for work and a place for us to live. Yes, it looks like we will settle down here for a bit. I've always wanted to live in a city with a castle right in the middle of down town. London dosen't count, the whole place is too much like a demmented theme park in the first place. A huge ferris wheel, a Royal Family, Tower Bridge, Abby Road, Picadilly Cirus, it's hard to belive they don't charge admission just to get in. Hell, what am I saying, they do.

Anyway, back in Edinbrugh the weather has changed three times since I started writing this, like real weather should. Shannon has spotted Justin Timberlake, or his Doppleganger (a Poppelganer, as it were :) . And, while we were having lunch, formmer Member of Parliment, Boris Johnson walked by doing an interveiw. He even gave me "The Nod." I think I'll stay.

1 Comments:

  • you'll have to check out Rose street apparently there are tons of bars on that street. Mark, I didn't know you had a sister. Val

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 10, 2006 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home