the last spot

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I just had a shower in Bath

The title says it all really :)

I'm staying with cousins in Bath at the moment as I left stuff with them before Shannon and I went to Greece and my Mom is here too, as she just returned from a week in Ireland. Tomorrow it's back to London and the Job hunt, and to poor Shannon, who has been abandoned in heart of the former British empire. I think she is stalking employers as I type, so she's prolly as happy as a clam. How happy are clams when they take the London Underground? Happier if they have an Oyster card anyway. An entire post will be written about Oyster card, as it's like crack for geeks like me. For now, I'll just mention that it's a contact-less smart card that stores your tickets on it, but works like those key-less security fobs that some office buildings use. Just waving the card over the yellow pad at the gate lets you through. Some people just leave them in their wallets, bags and pockets, so it's funny to see people waving various random belongings at the gates.

THIS JUST IN: Just this second I got a call back from a recruitment agency, who tried to sell me a training course. Lucky for me I nipped that in the bud, and talked my way on to the recruitment list.


I've also been playing around with the blog settings a bit. I now have a separate, but inter-linked blog for posting my photos to and I'm testing a third one on the beta system that has lots of high tech geeky bells and whistles.

Comments wise, I've turned off comment moderation, as it was preventing peoples comments from showing up instantly. Which brings me to a little request I'd like to make: Please Comment! Even if it's just a quick hello, one or two words ect, I'd still like to here it. I have herd from a few people that they are reading the blog, but I had no idea, as they had never commented before. For ages I only thought the family's of Shannon and I read it, but if the reader ship is more varied, I'd love to know. In return, I promise more photos in the future :) Also, if anyone of you reading this has their own Blog or website, I'd be happy to link to it.

2 Comments:

  • i comment... i suppose my comments are fairly random, sometimes involving earwax and llama... but dammit it still counts.

    Oh I also have found you a job:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5339380.stm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 14, 2006 5:16 AM  

  • Chuck Norris doesn't comment. Comments 'Chuck Norris'.

    Oh yeah Josh is in Calgary now (via Nelson), and I brought a strange hippy with me. It's all kind of surreal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 14, 2006 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home