the last spot

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bits and Bytes

I'm sneaking this post in while I'm at work again.

I don't have time to write about all the crazy goings on as it were, but a short summary is as follows: We have been hanging out with a core group of Long-Stay residents that is made up from a majority of Canadians, with some Australians and a grab bag of Europeans. Some one started referring to us all as Team-Canada and the name has stuck. T-Shirts are being made.

As Team Canada, we have been researching various pubs and clubs in the Cowgate Area. Last week the weather was quite nice for a few days, so we all spent as much time as possible in the Meadows that are only five minutes walk from the Hostel.

What else have I missed, ah yes, The Beltane Festival. Fire and Nakedness, always a good combination in my opinion. I'll try to put some photos up with some descriptions when I get time.

On Wednesday Mitch (Aus) and I went to see a Scottish Bluegrass band play at a near by Jazz club. Now that I write it, it sounds a little strange, but the band was very good. So good in fact that with only a few pints of cider between us, Mitch and I ended up offering to do a website for them.

1 Comments:

  • The Beltane Festival sounds as if it was x-rated--did you need picture i.d. to be admitted. Glad to know that you're out and about checking out the good variety of music there.

    Also good that you're doing websites. Will Josh make the t-shirts at his factory?

    We're off to Nan and Michael's for supper. It's raining here after weeks of gorgeous weather--not good for the marching bands for Victoria Day.

    Love Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 23, 2006 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home