the last spot

Monday, April 03, 2006

I did it again, I fixed yet another hostel's internet connection. Guess what I got in return? More free internet. I already work in a dam 'net cafe, there are kids in Alabama with not even a sniff of a dial-up connection and yet people are throwing broad band at me like it grows on trees. I feel like using theta saying non-nerds use when mocking technically inclined persons: "Mega-bytes!".

Other then fending off bandwidth all week, we have been out on a pub crawl or two and hence met another Canadian called Rory. In fact in the last week Canadians have invaded the city. Tons have come into work, lots have been staying at the Hostel. Budget backpackers even hired a Canadian last week.

The weather has even been dry over the last few days. Dry weather means dry roads, and dry roads means Longboarding! If you think people in Canada look at you funny when riding a over sized skateboard, try riding one through the Capital of Scotland at lunch time. Besides the rain, Scotland has a little extra obstacle that is almost as bad as Urban polar Bears (retired drivers) cobble stones! Iiiiitttttsssss aaa llliitttlllleee bumpy. On my way to work, I bombed (as in road) Edinburgh's north bridge two days in a row. The Bus lanes are my friend. With a little careful observation of Edinburgh's public transport network and by following those roads blocked by road construction, I can ride almost all to way to work on my board.

I'm running low on my free internet minutes so I have just enough time to mention we saw "V for Vendetta" tonight, and it was not too bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home