the last spot

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Live from the Apple Store, London

I'm standing in the middle of Apple's brand new retail space on regent St. I'm nearly broke, so I'm using one of the demo MacBooks to check my e-mail.

I had a test shift at a bar in Earls Court called the Prince of Tek. It sounds futuristic, but I think the name means something in old English. The shift must have gone well, as I'm working on probation for the rest of the week there. Sweet, I kind of have a job.

Shannon has picked up a temporary gig working as a psycho guniapig, I'm not kidding. At the least this will prevent my over draft from kicking in too soon.

This store is so full, people are watching me as I type this.

2 Comments:

  • I wasn't a phsyco guinea pig, I was pretending to apply for a job, so newly trained HR people from the BBC could practice giving me skills testing and feedback. I mostly got paid $6 and hour to sit and wait. Isn't temping great?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2006 4:45 PM  

  • I think of shannon as more of a psycho hamster really

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 22, 2006 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home