the last spot

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Delayed in the 'Dam

Bear with me here, the spell check is Dutch, so my real spelling skills are about to shine through:

Shannon has become a semi-permanent resident of Paris due to a lovely game of pass the buck involving her inter-rail pass and the fact that the company managed to give us a messed up tracking number.

So I'm booked on the 12:56 to Paris, and I'm sitting in a Ben and Jerry's 'cus they have internet. Your required to buy ice-cream before you can use the 'net, but I didn't complain too much.

Yesterday I spent taking pictures and I walked around and took the tram to random areas of Amsterdam. I came back to the Hostel to check my e-mail, and then got invited tag along to see Anne Frank's house by two girls from Ontario. That night we formed a posse with third girl from New York, and I put my board wandering of the previous day and night to good use by showing them all around the Red Light district and the Coffee shops. We also found the only bar that plays Hip-hop and trace at the same time, which apparently leads to violence, as there were some heated arguments over the play list.

I managed to get the manager to refund my unused nights because I'd helped them fix their internet connection. This is turning it a bit of a trend for me, but it's saving me boat loads of cash, so I don't mind putting my skills to use for good instead of evil. It's kind of like paying Sam to eat Ice-cream.

I'm off to see how bad my French really is, catch you all on the flip side.

1 Comments:

  • I hope you and Shannon had a good time in Paris and Berlin, let me know what you thought of Berlin as I haven't heard from Shannon yet. Val

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 17, 2007 3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home