the last spot

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Back from the Galapagos

Pro log: Rory is now in Ecuador, where he attended Sam and Dani´s second wedding in Quito. This was followed by 12 crazy days in the Galapagos Islands with an insane Canadian Posse.

I have not been posting much for here for the simple fact that most people that were going to read this were all ready either traveling with me, or were getting updated via Facebook, the latest thing to sweep the western world since the telegraph. Also, I was having too much fun.

Anyway, since the Lambert clan and it´s temporary posse have now begun to fan out across South America, this little thing is relevant again. Weather that means I update regularly is another matter.

I´m currently hiding in an Internet Cafe in the tourist district of Quito. The light it wrong for photos at the moment, so I´m taking the opportunity to organize the eleven or so gigs I have shot all ready.

I´m getting a sweet deal on accommodation: Free. Josh (zee bro) and Anya are renting a place in the city while they sort out getting there Land cruiser shipped down from Costa Rica. Once they get that done the will continue with there crazy adventure, driving around as much of South America as possible. There blog is http://www.wanderinglost.com/ Sorry, it´s Firefox only.

I, on the other hand, will be heading to Banos tomorrow, a small spa town about 4 hours south by bus from Quito. I here it´s a pretty nice place. Braving the Ecuadorian bus system with me will be Andrew Soaper, a School friend of Sam´s from back in the UK.

Speaking of he who is called Spam by those in the know, He and Dani are staying in the Galapagos Islands till late December at least. As for the rest of the posse, Jess is in the Islands till early December, Robert and Cody are staying with her till the 18th, then they are back to Quito where Cody flys home, and Robert un-leashes him self on the continent until around mid December. Timb and Katie were last seen exiting and Airplane in Guayaquil and were planning to head down the coast. Their blog is here. Luke and Lura are in Mindo at the momment, but they should be meeting Andrew and I in Banos tommrow. Carla was asked to leave the country two day ago. Somthing about the CIA and bothering the Salmon. We may never know the true cause.

Well, now that we are all up to speed, I´ll try to find some crazy adventures. Lunch, oh how your siren call beckons me now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home